What we've been up to...

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I'm so hungry I could eat a...

I had to stop and wonder the other day if I am feeding my child enough. Sometimes it seems like she's searching the floor of our apartment for bits of food. Bits of paper, fuzz, maybe a crumb from her previous snack that took a tour of the apartment. She knows she isn't supposed to do this because it follows with a look from me and when she sees me coming to get whatever it is out, she bolts with a huge smile on her face like it's the best game ever. Last week she walked up to me looking very proud of herself and I could see she had something in her mouth. I figured it was one of the previously mentioned items and went to get it out. It wasn't. It was the back end of a spider still kind of moving. Waaaagghhh! Nothing poisonous that I could tell, but she must have picked it up with her sweet little fingers and popped it in there like any other tasty snack. That spider had no chance. Very gutsy- but I must say I hope she hasn't developed a taste for them.

1 comment:

Mary Perriton said...

That is just too, too horrible! You have had more than your share of creepy Australian spider stories!Definitely blog worthy! haha. I'm sure I would have lost my stomach over that one!